Time Saving Tactics for The Ultimate Twitter Marketing Strategy
If you are anything like me, you want to be successful with your business twitter marketing strategy, you want it all right now, and you don’t want to waste time doing things the wrong way!
That said, I want to share with you some tools to create an efficient and effective strategy for getting more followers, engaging with them, and turning your followers into leads.
Here’s what you need to know.
First, the NO BRAINER, you want to curate or develop your content for publishing, and then distribute.
What You Need to Know before I Give You the Strategy.
Buffer: This is great for scheduling content and I advise to use it from time to time to keep great content flowing. THE CON! The savvy know that a buffer link has probably been published 100’s of time.
In fact, they may have published that same link themselves. In which case, you may get favorites and retweets as people try to gain your followship and attention, but your click through rate (CTR) may be far lower.
Scoop It: Again, great website for finding content that is trending socially. You may get a slightly higher click through because people may be satisfied that you are publishing content that is trending in your industry.
TOP TIP: Check the content is valuable before you share it with your audience. I’ve seen some absolute rubbish come out of Scoop it. An obvious sign that social media is being gamed, and that a new algorithm will be needed to sort through the rubbish and spammers.
Bitly Links: Get more click through rates. A Bitly link usually means you have taken the time to review content, you want to share it and you want to measure the response. Anyone that’s doing this type of preparation before they publish the link is usually going to be providing high quality content.
Be aware though, as Rand Fishkin at Moz.com shows, click through rates are on the decline. It’s a good idea to measure your response and bottom line. How many hours are you spending marketing on Twitter Vs your reward.
CTR is on the decline so what can you do to avoid wasted time marketing your content?
Four Tools You Will Need That Are FREE for Your Social Media Strategy.
1) Scoop It Plugin: This allows you to find relevant and trending content.
2) A/B Title Testing Plugin: This allows you to create multiple headlines so that you can see which titles get the most engagement and clicks.
3) Sniply Plugin. This allows you to create a link to your content and adds a call to action on the page the person visits. I’ll demonstrate an example at the bottom of the page, so hold your horses! 🙂
4) Bitly Plugin: This is great for shortening links and masking your original links.
5) Rite Tag Plugin: Allows you see which tags have the highest probability of shares
Here’s What You Do to Increase Your Click Through Rate & Get More Sales
1) Create Your Content: I use genesis framework with a Studiopress theme which I have branded using CSS code. A general WordPress website will do just fine.
2) Create Landing Page Call To Action (CTA): I’m a fan off native call to actions. A native call to action is just a highlight piece of text. Be sure you use a “command verb” as it helps with CTR and directs your viewers to take action. Also, your call to action should be a benefit statement. In other words, tell them how they will benefit from taking action.
3) Go to Scoop It: Click on the relevant and trending content that will excite your audience. Copy the link from the original post.
4) Open Sniply: Enter the link to the webpage you want people to visit after they read the external content you sent them to. Customise your CTA and make it relevant and beneficial to your audience.
5) Open Bitly: Take the sniply link and enter it into Bitly.
5) Open Rite Tag: Choose tags that are good and relevant to your audience. An audience that is likely to reshare your content. Then Share.
This is a very effective way to generate more traffic, engagement, leads and sales for your business. I hope you found it useful and helps you as much as it did me.